Profit center options that you enter here will show when setting up your chart of accounts.
Note: These profit centers can be overridden when posting transactions.
- Open any module.
- Click over the icon of a person in the upper right of the screen.
- Choose the Settings option from the menu. This will open a screen where you can apply settings at different levels.
- Select the App Settings tab.
- Click the Accounting subtab on the left side of the screen.
- Choose the Add/Modify GL Profit Centers option. This will expand the GL Profit Centers section.
- The system comes pre-loaded with a list of profit centers. The system enables you to type as many names or abbreviations as you like for your profit centers. To add a new profit center, click the Add New Record button to the upper right of the list.
- Choose a category for the new journal. These categories are pre-loaded and tell the program how to handle each transaction posted in accounting and determine how transactions will impact unit costs.
- To change the color for the GL account type, click over the choose color picker. This will open a color selection window. Select the desired color.
- Click the Update button to the right of the row.