The Messaging module offers tools to help maintain contact with customers. The Messages screen is used to send emails, show incoming emails, and quickly reply to them.
Add a New Message
- Open the Messaging module.
- Click the New button at the top, or click Add New Message in the quick links menu on the left side of the screen. This opens the new message window.
The New Message Window allows you to enter recipients, assign an entity or unit, and either choose a preset reply or enter the email text.
- Type the Email address of the recipient in the To field. For internal messages, click the Magnifying Glass next to To, CC or BCC. This opens an employee search window. Double-click the employee names at the top to add them into the list of recipients at the bottom.
- Enter the subject for the email. This is what displays in the recipient's list of emails.
Selecting message details are optional, but offer additional functionality.
- Assign an entity if you wish to have this message show under the client's CRM profile's messages tab.
- Enter a stock number if you want this message to be associated with the unit. This will automatically include pictures of the unit as attachments to the message.
- For internal messages, you may choose the method of communication. These options may include Phone call, Text Message, etc.
- Call Back Date allows you to set the Call Back Date on the entity's profile for the entity selected above.
- Priority allows messages to be sorted later.
- Security Level allows managers to send messages that employees are not able to view.
- Private Message is a checkbox preventing all users from reading this message except for the sender and the recipient(s).
- Private Templates can be configured in the User Settings, while Public Templates can be configured in CRM Letter Writing.
The Preset Reply section offers quick text snippets that can be used for internal or external messages. These can be customized in the User Settings.
Message Formatting Options
- Add the body of the email.
When adding text to your message, you may use the formatting options to customize the look of your message. This is helpful to add emphasis or images and hyperlinks.
- Click the Send button in the lower right.