Rental Quote vs Rental Agreement
Creating a new rental quote does not reserve the rental unit. This keeps the unit available for rent to other customers. There are specific actions you be unable to do in a quote, like take a deposit.
Rental agreements are used to reserve a specific rental unit for the date range that a customer wishes to rent the vehicle.
You may create quotes as precursor to creating an agreement. This can be helpful when the customer wants to know accurate pricing before converting to a rental agreement to take a deposit.
Create a New Rental Quote
- Open the Rentals module.
- Select the New Rental Quote option from the quick links menu on the left side of the screen. This will open the Choose Preset screen.
- Choose the appropriate preset to apply to the rental quote. The preset might be used for different locations or other options, so you should pick best choice using the list in the upper left of this window.
- Enter the beginning and ending dates of the rental. The dates you select here will update the list of available units in the list at the bottom of the window.
- Click over the row containing the unit that the customer wishes to rent.
- Click the Start New Quote button in the lower left of the window. This opens the quote screen.
|Note: If the header section is not expanded, you may need to choose the Show More button in the upper right of the window to show the customer information area.|
- In the Customer Info section of the expanded header, you can choose the Add button to add an existing customer to the rental quote. If the customer has never visited the dealership before, click the New button to enter their information and check for duplicates.
Select / Change Rental Unit
In the Unit Info section of the expanded header, you can change the rental unit, if needed.
- Click the Add Existing Unit button to change which rental unit is selected for the rental.
If you need to make a change to the unit profile itself, you may click the Add/Modify Unit button to open the unit profile.
The quote will usually open to the Fees / Charges tab. These fees are set up in the Settings, then show in this list.
- To add a fee to a rental, check the Sold box on the fee's row.
- Optionally, you may enter a different dollar amount than the default by clicking in the amount field and typing in a new amount.
- In the rental quote, select the Drivers tab.
- Select the Add Driver button on the left side of the window. This will open a window where you may search for an existing entity if you need to add a second driver.
Convert a Rental Quote to an Agreement
|Note: If the header section is not expanded, you may need to choose the Show More button in the upper right of the window to show the rental information area.|
- In the Rental Info section of the expanded header, change the status to your dealership's rental agreement status.
This will update the rental to show on the rental calendar.
Take a Deposit on Rental Agreement
- Click the Add New Deposit button at the top of the Deposits tab. This will add a new, blank row to the table below.
- Type in the deposit amount in the Amount column.
- Optionally, you may enter a memo into the Memo column.
- If you will take the payment, click the Cash Out button to the right on the same line as the deposit. You will receive a save confirmation, then the sales register screen will open to allow you to take the deposit payment.
- If your business uses a centralized cashier, select the Send to Cashier button to send the deposit information to the cashier for cash out.
- Select OK on the Save confirmation.
Verify Tax Information
- Click the Tax Information tab.
- The list of items in the rental agreement will show on the left, including the rental, fees, and charges. If the Taxable box is checked for the item in the list, taxes will be calculated on the item.
- Your tax amounts will show on the right with any default state, county, and city tax rates applied.
Verify Fuel Level & Mileage
- Select the Fuel/Mileage tab.
- If the rental unit selected has a fuel capacity entered in the unit's rental tab, it will show in the Gallon Capacity of Unit field. You may manually enter a capacity, if needed.
- The Included Miles Per Day, Miles Per Extra Charge, and Extra Charge rate may prefill from the Rental Class or can be manually entered.
- Below the gauges to the left are fields to enter or verify the gallons, odometer, and generator hours for the unit. (The fields below the gauge on the right are used when the unit is returned.)
Enter Insurance Information
- Enter the insurance information for the rental.
Print Rental Agreement
- You can click the Print button at the bottom of the rental details screen to preview and print the customer copy of the rental agreement.
- Alternatively, if the header is expanded, you may click the printer button in the upper right to preview and print the customer copy of the rental agreement.
Email Rental Agreement
|Note: If the header section is not expanded, you may need to choose the Show More button in the upper right of the window to show the expanded header.|
- Click the envelope button in the upper right to email the customer copy of the rental agreement to the customer.