Merging parts allows you to consolidate duplicate parts. Parts can not be deleted if there is a quantity on hand, available, or on order. Merging parts helps keep your inventory streamlined and accurate.
- Open the Parts and Service module.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, expand the Parts Maintenance section.
- Choose the Master Inventory option. This will open a part search screen.
- Enter the part number you wish to keep into the Part Number/Identifier field. This will return a list of results.
- Double-click over the part's row in the list of results to open the master inventory part profile.
- On the general tab, scroll down to select the Merge Part button in the lower left, below the invoice reminders box. This will open a screen where you will search for the part you wish to merge.
- Type the part number you want to search.
- Choose the Search button to show the matching results.
- Select the part you wish to merge by clicking over the row to select and choose the OK button. This will provide a popup to confirm.
- Click the OK button to complete the merge.