A canned job is a template that can be used when you have common jobs that will be done often. Using a canned job saves you time from having to constantly enter the same information in a service ticket. This article walks you through creating canned jobs and adding them to service invoices.
Create a Canned Job
- Open the Parts & Service module.
- In the Tools menu in the lower left of the screen, expand the Service Maintenance section.
- Choose the Add / Modify Canned Jobs option. This will open the Canned Job Search window.
|IMPORTANT: The list of canned jobs may be blank. Click the Find button to show the full list of canned jobs.|
- To view existing canned jobs, select the Find button at the top of the window. This will load the list of canned jobs. To add a new canned job, click on the New Canned Job button. This will open a new, blank RO template.
- In the header, enter a description. This will become the name of the canned job.
- Optionally, you can check the box to Display in Finance. This will allow the canned job to show when adding accessories to a deal.
- Add the job information. This may include the job complaint or repair code, job type.
- You may need to scroll down to view the repair Info tab.
- Optionally, you may enter cause and correction text. This will automatically populate on ROs when this canned job is added.
- If you wish to standardize the pricing or timing, you may enter the repair code pricing or timing, then check the Use Flat Rate Pricing box.
- Click the parts tab to add any standard parts for the job.
- Pricing can change depending on the type of job or customer on the invoice. If you want to force a specific price for a part, enter a specific price into the CALC column on that part’s line.
- Optionally, you may add another job to the list by clicking the Add Repair button.
- Click the Save button in the bottom right.
Add a Canned Job to a Service Invoice
- Open the RO where you wish to add the canned job.
- Click on the Canned Job button at the bottom middle of the RO. This will pull up the ‘Canned Jobs Search’ Screen.
- Enter part of the name of the Canned Job you want to add. If you wish to see the entire list of canned jobs, leave this field blank.
- Press the Find button.
- Click over the line with the canned job you wish to add to highlight the row.
- Click the Ok button. This will return you to the RO and add the canned job repair lines, complaint, cause, correction, repair code, type, parts, etc.
Add a Canned Job to a Deal
- Open the F&I - Deal Desking module.
- Locate the deal you wish to add the canned job to and double-click over the row to open.
- Select the accessories tab (Acc.).
- Choose the accessory code dropdown selection arrow to open a list of canned jobs.
- Choose the canned job you wish to add.
- Follow the steps to add accessories to a deal.