This document walks you placing a part on the Order List, using the Suggested Reorder function, creating the Purchase Order, and ordering the part.
To begin a new parts PO, the parts need to be on the Parts Ordering List. You can add parts that need to be ordered to this list. The OrderList can be opened from the menu tree or from an invoice.
Open the Order List From the Menu Tree
- Open the Parts & Service module
- Under the Tools section of the menu tree on the left side of the screen, expand the Parts Ordering menu.
- Select the Order List option.
Open the Order List From a Parts or Service Invoice
- Open the Parts & Service module.
- Open either a parts invoice or a service invoice.
- Unlock the invoice by clicking the Edit button in the lower right.
- Click the Order Parts button in the lower right of the invoice.
Parts Ordering List
The Parts Ordering List will give all the part information and fields to customize the order, like quantity, packaging ratio, supplier, and comments.
- Click the Add Part button in the lower right of the window. This will add a new blank row to the order list. Alternatively, you can choose the Add Multiple Parts button to open a parts search window to select multiple parts to add.
- Enter the Part Number to add the part to be ordered.
- Enter the Quantity, and Supplier if different than the default supplier, for that part.
- After adding each part you want to order to this list, click the Create POs button. If there are parts being ordered from multiple suppliers, the system will ask you to choose which supplier(s) you want to create a PO for.
With multiple parts being available from different vendors, the Purchase Order system will always display the cost of the part from each Price Book and alert the user if they can get this part for cheaper from a different vendor.
- Check the box for each supplier for whom you want to create purchase orders.
- Select the OK button. This will open window with the list of new purchase orders.
- Click over an order's row to highlight it.
- Choose the Open button to open the purchase order.
On the Purchase Order, the supplier’s information shows at the top of the invoice and it lists all the parts that have been ordered in relation to that supplier.
Note: This is your last point to add or subtract anything from the PO before ordering.
- Click the Edit button in the lower right of the PO to unlock the record.
- Update the quantities to order. Clicking over a row will show detailed information about this part below the list of parts. You can add new parts by clicking the Add New Item button.
- Once everything is set, click the Order Now button and this will order the PO.
If you have the part set up in Master Inventory with the Min/Max reorder method, once that minimum required number has been met, the part will show up on the order list automatically.
The Suggested Reorder List as a way to populate all the parts in the master inventory that need re-ordering. This can be done by Supplier or by the entire master inventory.
To select a specific entity, enter the Entity or Entity Number.