- While viewing the main menu, choose the option to open the Time Clock from the menu tree on the left side of the screen.
This will open a menu of time clock actions.
- Select the Add/Modify IP Addresses option. This will open a new window. Depending on your security permissions, you may be unable to access this option.
- You can add a new row by clicking in the blank gray row at the bottom of your list.
If you want to enter an IP address where employees are allowed to clock in or out, you can enter it into the IP Address field.
If you wish to use the business address, select the company number in the row and choose the Copy Address button. This will copy that location's address to the address column.
You can enter coordinates by typing in the longitude and latitude of your location.
Enter a range in meters to allow employees to clock in when they are that distance (or less) from the exact location or address.
Restrict Clock In to Location
Once you have set up the address, IP address, or location for each profit center, you can limit your employees to be able to clock in or out only when they are within the range you defined.
- Open the Security Management module.
- Locate and double-click over the security group that you wish to edit. This will open the properties screen.
- Click the permissions button to open the permissions screen.
- Choose the Time Clock option from the list on the left side of the window.
- Check the box for the Limit Clocking In to IP Range Settings.
- Select the Save button in the lower right of the window.
You will need to choose this option for each security group that you want to restrict.