Drop Shipping a part allows you to order from a supplier and have the part delivered to a customer’s address. It is extremely important that the part is ordered through the invoice.
Sell the Part
- Open the Part & Service module.
- Select (102) New Invoice from the menu tree on the left side of the screen.
- Enter the customer in the Entity Information section at the top.
- Click on the Ship tab to select the address where the part(s) will be shipped.
The drop down will display all address associated with the entity. This comes from the Add'l Addresses tab in the CRM module.
- Enter the part(s) to be shipped.
- Make sure that you check the box under the D/S for the part(s). This is very important so that your dealership's part inventory value is not altered.
- If you are charging the customer Freight, make sure that the FRT part line also has the D/S checked.
After adding all the parts that are going to be shipped from the supplier to the customer on the invoice, you are ready to cash out.
- Click the Cash Out button to open the Infinity Cash Out screen where you will accept the funds for the invoice.
- Complete the transaction and select the receipt option. This will open the Choose Vendor For Drop Ship Order popup window.
- Select the Vendor you are going to create your Purchase Order for.
- Choose the Close button. This will open the Purchase Order that you are going to order the part from to send to the customer.
Place a Drop Ship Order
- Enter the date that the part(s) is expected to be delivered, any shipping instructions (which defaults to the address entered on the invoice, and the ship to address in the upper right of the purchase order.
- If you have the Tracking # you can enter it now, or after you order the Purchase Order.
- Verify the parts on this order.
- Place your order by clicking on the order now button.
If you need to save the order and come back to it later, select the close button.
"Receive" / Complete Drop Ship Order
You will need to receive the parts by creating your receiving ticket once the parts have been received by the customer.
This will not add the part to the total on hand, but creates the payable for accounting to pay the supplier.
Create Drop Ship Order from Price Book
You can also select the part from the Price book then start quote. This will add the descriptive information about the part into Master Inventory without affecting inventory and start a (101) New Quote.
*If you added the part from the Pricebook, you only need to check the D/S, otherwise add the part to the invoice.