MotilityAnywhere puts the control in your hands, allowing you to add new users and allowing users to reset their own passwords. This article reviews the steps to add a new employee to MotilityAnywhere.
Add New Employee
- From any module, click the user icon in the upper right of the screen. This will open a menu.
- Choose the Settings option. This will open the settings screen.
- Select the Employee Information tab.
- At the bottom of the employee profile, click the Add button. This will open a new, blank record.
- Enter the new employee’s information.
- The email address that you enter here will be the email address used when the employee selects the Forgot Password link.
- You may choose to enter specific information in the lower part of the profile. This includes boxes that you can select to designate the employee pick lists where this user will show as an option.
- Click the Save button in the lower right.
Add New Security User
- Select the Security management tab in the settings screen.
- Click the Add User button. This will open a blank entry window.
- Enter the employee’s user name. We recommend setting this to be the new employee’s first name and last name, separated by a period. (Example- Firstname.Lastname)
- Enter the new employee’s number or use the dropdown arrow to choose from your list of employees.
- Enter a password for your employee. You will need to re-enter the password in the Confirm Password field.
- Select the Create button. This will create the security user.
Assign User Permissions
- Locate the new user in the list of users on the left side of the screen and double-click over the user’s name. This will open the user properties window.
- You can choose the company number for the employee to designate their location.
- If you want to assign a specific cash drawer to the user, choose it from the dropdown. Leaving this blank allows the employee access to choose the cash drawer that they will use.
- If your cash drawers have positions, you can enter this for the user.
- Enter a team for the user. Teams are used for reporting and the dispatch calendar.
- Select the license type that this employee will use. Partial license users are heavily restricted, while full users can be allowed more access in security permissions.
- Choose a default scanner group for the employee to use. If your business does not use scanner groups, this dropdown will be blank.
- On the right side of the window, click the Add button to choose the security group or groups that this user will belong to. This will assign the permissions of that group(s) to this user.
- To set individual permissions, select the Permissions button. This will open a complete list of all permissions in the program so that you can individually allow or restrict access.
- Once you have set the permissions, choose the Save button in the lower right of the user properties window. This will close the window and return you to the settings page.
The user’s login name will be the username entered on their security user.
The user’s password will be the password entered into the employee’s security user in Security Management.
Users can reset their own passwords by choosing the Forgot Password link on the login screen. Reset emails are sent to the email address entered on the employee profile.
Mobile User / Mobile Access
Then, you will provide your dealership location's mobile URL to the employee for them to be able to log in.