Alternative taxes for parts and service invoices can be created, allowing you to collect different tax amounts based on other locations.
Add an Alternative Tax
- Open the Parts & Service module.
- Select the Edit menu from the upper left of the screen.
- Hover over Modify to expand the submenu.
- Choose the Add / Modify Tax Alternatives option. This will open the tax alternatives window.
- Click in the gray row to enter a name for the alternative tax.
- Choose the state where the rate will apply.
- Enter the state tax percentage rate.
- Select the county for the alternative rate.
- Enter the county tax percentage rate.
- Choose the city for the alternative rate.
- Enter the city tax percentage rate.
- If your dealership is in Canada, enter the GST percentage rate.
Use an Alternative Tax
- Open a part or service invoice.
- In the same area at the top of the invoice where a customer is selected, choose the Tax tab.
- Select the alternative tax for this ticket.