The policy accounts screen allows you to choose and rename specific GL accounts to be used for policy repairs on service invoices.
Add a Policy Account
- Open the Parts & Service module.
- Choose the Edit menu in the upper left of the screen.
- Hover over Modify to expand the submenu.
- Choose the Policy Accounts option. This will open the Add Policy Accounts window.
- Enter the GL account by typing it into the field at the top of the screen, or by clicking the ellipsis button to open a search.
- Choose the Add Account button to add the selected GL account to the bottom of the list.
- The GL account description will show. You can change the description here so that the description is shown on the service invoice screen.
- Click the OK button to save and close this window.
Use Policy Type on Service Invoice
- Open an RO to apply a policy type.
- Select the Policy type for a job. Once you click away from the selection, you will receive a popup.
- Optionally, you can select a policy department. You will only be able to select a policy department that has been set up in accounting. If a department is not setup and you enter the policy screen, you will not be able to exit it.
- The entity field will automatically populate based on the entity selected in the RO.
- Choose the desired GL account. The description shown will be the one entered in the Add Policy Accounts window.
- You can check the boxes to mark the repair parts or labor as taxable and whether the customer is responsible for the tax.
- Optionally, you can enter a comment about this policy repair.
Require Password on Policy Invoice
- From the main menu, select the Company Information module from the menu tree. This will open the company information window.
- Select the Service option on the left side of the window.
- Enter a password into the Policy Charge Authorization Password field in the right column.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Exit button to close the window.
- When a policy account has been selected for a job and you attempt to cash out, the program will prompt for a password. You will need a member of management to enter the password for the policy job.