You can create the requirements to approve and control your purchase orders (PO's), general purchase orders (GPO's), and unit purchase orders (UPO's) using this screen.
Add an Approval Setting
- Open the Parts & Service module.
- Select the Edit menu from the upper left of the screen.
- Hover over Modify to expand the submenu.
- Choose the Add / Modify PO Approval option. This will open the PO employee approval settings window.
- In the gray row at the bottom of the list, select which purchase order type that you want to require approval. The options include:
- PO - Parts purchase order
- GPO - General purchase order
- UPO - Unit purchase order
- Optionally, if you want to require approval for all suppliers, check the All Suppliers box.
- Optionally, if you want to require approval for a specific supplier, you can choose them in the Entity field. Hover over the field in the row to select the button with an ellipsis to search for and choose the vendor.
- Enter the number of approvals needed in the Approvals field.
- Enter a minimum amount for the approval requirement to apply. For example, if you want orders over $2000 to require approval, enter that amount in the minimum field.
- Enter the maximum amount to cap the approval requirement.
- Click the save button in the lower right of the window to save your changes.
- Click the exit button in the lower right of the window to close this window.
Set Approving Employees
- After the PO approval row is saved to the list, click the small plus sign to the left side of the row.
- Select the employee dropdown to display a list of the employee roles, groups, and individuals who can be chosen to approve the order.
You can enter more than one of these selections to allow one or the other to approve the order.