Parts and service invoices have statuses applied to them. These statuses show the progression of the invoice.
Add a Parts / Service Status
- From any module in MotilityAnywhere, select the user icon in the upper right of the screen to open the menu.
- Choose the Settings option from the menu. This will open a screen where, depending on your security permissions, you may view or update company settings.
- Select the App Settings tab.
- Click the Parts & Service section from the subtabs to the left side of the screen.
- Locate and click to expand the Parts/Service Status section. Any previously-entered statuses will show in a list.
- Select the Add New Record button to the upper right of the parts/service status section to create a new line in the table.
- Enter a description for the status.
- Optionally, you can select a color to show when assigned with this status.
- Select an internal status. The internal status determines how the program classifies the invoice.
- Quote - This status applies when an invoice has been created but not submit.
- Order - This status usually applies once an invoice has been agreed to by the customer.
- Closed - This status applies to completed part invoices and service tickets.
- Voided - If the invoice is voided, this status will apply.
- Optionally, you may choose a position for the status. This sets the order of the statuses in the list. The lower the number, the higher on the list that this status will show. If all statuses are set with the same position, they will show in alphabetical order in the list.
- Select the Update button on the row to save your changes.