This article reviews how to change or update the invoice statuses, including color, description, internal status, and/or position.
- Open the Parts and Service module.
- Click Edit on the menu bar in the upper left of the screen.
- Hover over the Modify option to open the submenu.
- Hover over the Statuses option to open the submenu.
- Select the Job Statuses option. This will open the Add/Modify Parts/Service Status window.
- To add a new status: Click Add External Status and follow the next steps.
- To edit the Color: Click on the “Choose Color” button to bring up the color picker window.
- To edit the Description: Type over existing description.
- To edit Internal Status: This field cannot be edited.
- Position: Enter a number here to set the order that you want the options to show in the dropdown. The lower the number, the higher in the list that the option will show. If multiple options are set with the same number, they will show in alphabetical order.
Important Note: We do not recommend deleting a status. Statuses will not allow deletion if they are currently used on an invoice.
- Once finished, click Save then Close.