The policy accounts screen allows you to designate specific GL accounts to be used for policy repairs on service invoices.
Add a Policy Account
- From any module, click over the icon of a person in the upper right of the screen.
- Choose the Settings option from the menu. This will open a screen where you can apply settings at different levels.
- Select the App Settings tab.
- Click the Parts & Service subtab on the left side of the screen.
- Choose the Policy Accounts option. This will expand the section.
- Click the button to Add New Record. This will add a new, blank line to the table.
- Select the GL account for the policy account.
- Enter a description for the account.
- Select the Update button on the row.
Apply Policy Account on Service Invoice
- Open the Parts & Service module.
- Choose the New Repair Order option from the quick links menu on the left side of the screen. This will open a new service invoice or RO.
- Select the Policy job type for a job. This will open a popup window.
- Choose the profit center.
- Optionally, you can select a department for the policy charge.
- Choose the policy GL account you wish this repair to affect.
- Optionally, you may mark any of the checkboxes necessary.
- Enter comments as needed.
- Click the OK button to save your input and close the window.