You can create the requirements to approve and control your purchase orders (PO's), general purchase orders (GPO's), and unit purchase orders (UPO's) using this screen.
- From any module, click over the icon of a person in the upper right of the screen.
- Choose the Settings option from the menu. This will open a screen where you can apply settings at different levels.
- Select the App Settings tab.
- Click the Parts & Service subtab on the left side of the screen.
- Choose the PO Approval Settings section. This will expand the section.
- Select which purchase order type that you want to require approval. The options include:
- PO - Parts purchase order
- GPO - General purchase order
- UPO - Unit purchase order
- Optionally, if you want to require approval for all suppliers, check the All Suppliers box.
- Optionally, if you want to require approval for a specific supplier, you can choose them in the Entity field. Hover over the field in the row to select the button with an ellipsis to search for and choose the vendor.
- To select or update the employees who are allowed to give approval for orders who will meet the criteria, click the View button.
9a. To add a new approver, click the Add New Record button in the upper right.
9b. Select a security group or individual from the dropdown selection.
9c. Click the Update button on the row.
9d. Choose the Close button in the lower right. This will return you to the PO Approval Settings table.
- Enter the number of approvals needed in the Approvals field.
- Enter a minimum amount for the approval requirement to apply. For example, if you want orders over $500 to require approval, enter that amount in the minimum field.
- Enter the maximum amount to cap the approval requirement. We recommend this be set to aa very high number, like "9,999,999".
- Click the Update button on the row to save your changes.