Cash drawers reviewed in this article are the physical cash drawers connected to your network or computer(s). Setting up a drawer here will allow you to open the drawer during transactions.
Note: This is not the same as setting up the names of cash drawers for reporting purposes.
- From any module, click over the icon of a person in the upper right of the screen.
- Choose the Settings option from the menu. This will open a screen where you can apply settings at different levels.
- Select the App Settings tab.
- Click the Parts & Service subtab on the left side of the screen.
- Choose the Cash Drawer Setup option. This will expand the section.
- Click the button to Add New Record. This will add a new, blank line to the table.
- Enter the computer name that will access the physical cash drawer. In some cases, you may need to set up two computers to use the same physical drawer. Each workstation will need to be entered on its own line.
- Type in the cash drawer's IP address in the IP field.
- Type the port number used for the cash drawer.
- Click the Save button.