Accounting summaries help define the GL accounts where rental agreement monies should come from and go to when a rental is complete. Normally, these are setup during the initial setup process and only adjusted if a GL account changes.
- From any module in MotilityAnywhere, select the user icon in the upper right of the screen to open the menu.
- Choose the Settings option from the menu. This will open a screen where, depending on your security permissions, you may view or update company settings.
- Select the App Settings tab.
- Click the Rental section from the subtabs to the left side of the screen.
- Click over the Rental Accounting Presets section to expand.
Add an Account Summary
- Click the Create Preset button in the lower right to add a new, blank preset. This will open a new section below where you can enter the new preset name.
- Select the company location where you want this preset to be available.
- If you want this accounting summary to affect a specific journal, select it in the Journal field.
- If you want this preset to work for a single rental unit class, select it from the dropdown.
|IMPORTANT: Choosing a class here will restrict rentals for that unit class to only be able to post to accounting using this accounting summary.|
- Follow the steps to Edit an Account Summary.
Edit an Account Summary
- Choose the preset you wish to change in the dropdown at the top of the section.
- Select the Edit button for the row you wish to update.
- Update the credit, debit or credit offset accounts as needed.
- Optionally, you can select the entity option from the dropdown selection box. This is usually set to the customer number.
- Optionally, you may select the entity reference option from the dropdown selection box. This is usually set to the agreement number.
- Select the Update button to save your changes.