Please note that although you cannot delete an entity, you can merge the duplicate entities together.
If you do not want the entity to show up anymore you can uncheck the show as prospect check box on the Lead Info tab in the CRM. This will keep that entity from being added to an RO, Deal, Parts ticket, and so on.
Important: This process can not be undone.
- Open the CRM module.
- Select the Entity Consolidation option from the Quick Links menu on the left side of the screen. This will open a popup window.
- Click the Add button in the upper left. This will provide a dropdown to choose which field you want to find duplicates.
- Enter the search term for the field you chose and click the Enter key to update.
- You may repeat this for multiple fields.
- Optionally, you may check the boxes to include Suppliers, Banks, and Warranty Companies in your search.
- Click the Search button in the lower left to begin a manual consolidation. You will receive a popup message.
- Choose the Yes button if all users are out of the program, or select the No button if users are currently logged into MotilityAnywhere. Choosing either of these will open the list of entities that match the criteria you entered.
- The results are grouped based on the criteria you entered.
- Select the entity you wish to keep and then merge or ignore the appropriate others.
- Keep - This is the entity you want to keep.
- Merge - Use this option for the entity you want to merge into the entity marked 'Keep'.
- Ignore - Do nothing with this entity. They will not be affected.
- Click the Consolidate button in the lower right. You will receive a popup when the consolidation is completed.
Merging entities CANNOT be reversed, so verify you are selecting the correct entities to merge before completing the process.