This article reviews the basic steps to add a new prospect to your software. Please see the Entity Profile article for more detailed information about the sections, tabs, and fields.
- Open the CRM module.
- Select the Add New Entity option from the quick link menu on the left side of the screen. This will open a screen where you can enter information like their first and last names.
- Entering the prospect information here allows the program to search the existing entities and help minimize duplication.
- Select the Create New button to open a new profile. It will carry across the information that you entered on this screen and open the new customer record. If the entity already exists, you may click over the name in the list shown, then choose to open the record.
The entity number is automatically generated and unique. This can be changed if you are entering a company, supplier or bank if you want. The company number or location is generated based on the location that the user is logged into when adding the customer.
- You may need to click the Show More button in the upper right to expand the header section.
- When viewing a prospect's profile using expanded view, there is a tab to allow entry of one or more addresses for the customer. Expand or contract the section by clicking the Show More and Show Less buttons in the upper right of the header, then choosing the addresses tab.
- Click the Add Address button to the left.
- Choose an address type.
- Enter the address. Entering the zip code will automatically fill in the city, state, and county.
Enter Lead Information
- Select the Lead Info tab.
- Mark the customer’s temperature. If you mark their temperature as hot, they will show in the hot contacts list to the left side of the screen.
- Enter a callback date for the prospect to show in the assigned salesperson's Need to Contact list.
- Select a category for the customer, if your business uses categories.
- Assign a primary salesperson. Alternatively, you can click the rotation button to be able to choose a rotation, then designate the salesperson.
- You can mark a new customer as a new contact here, which will show the customer in your New Contacts list on the main CRM screen.
- Add the lead source type. The lead type usually answers the question of "How did they contact us?" for this customer. If leads coming from email integration, the program can automatically fill in the lead type and advertising lead information.
- Choose the advertising source. Advertising sources answer the question of "What inspired them to contact us?"
- Optionally, select the sales campaign. If the customer came from a specific sales campaign or email, you can select it from the drop-down. These fields are used with reporting to find the efficacy of different marketing programs.
The checkboxes below are a condensed process that works with reporting in Motility Anywhere to track progression rates and see where issues may be happening.
Customer contact preferences are also shown here. If the customer does not want to accept phone calls or emails, you can mark the applicable option.
Enter Unit Preferences
The Unit Preferences tab helps to identify the customer’s interests.
- Open the Unit Preferences tab.
- Enter any information to narrow the list of units the customer is seeking. Alternatively, you can enter a stock number if the customer has a specific unit in mind.
- Click the Match Vehicle button to search for matches in your company’s available units.
You can add more than one unit preference by choosing the Add Prospect Preference button on the left. If you accidentally add a unit, click the Delete Unit button in the lower right.
Enter Trade Information
- Click the Unit Trades tab.
- Select the Add Prospect Trade button on the left.
- Add information about the prospect’s trade or trades. Remember that adding information here will let you transfer this information to a quote seamlessly.
If you need to remove a unit, click the Delete Unit button in the lower right.
- Open the Co-Buyers tab.
- Search for the co-buyer by clicking the magnifying glass. This opens a screen similar to when you entered the prospect, allowing you to enter the co-buyer's name to minimize duplication.
- To add a cobuyer to the buyer's profile, click the Add Co-Buyer / Employee button on the left side of the window.
- If the co-buyer already exists in your program, select the magnifying glass to search for the entity. If the co-buyer does not exist in your program, enter their information into the relevant fields. You may click the Copy Address button to copy the prospect's address to the co-buyer if you are entering them (not choosing an existing entity) and have verified that they live at the same address as the primary prospect.
- If the customer is coming in for services, you will want to add the vehicles that they own. Open the Vehicles tab.
- If customer has a current unit that was bought elsewhere, you can enter the information here.
- Click the Save button in the lower right.
Add Another New Customer
If you are entering multiple prospects, click the Add New button to reopen the entity search.