Copying an existing unit can help shorten the time it takes to add a new unit, especially when there are a lot of accessories that need to be added when ordering a unit. You can create Templates to copy from, or you can just copy from any existing units (you can also copy from a sold unit).
Copy From An Existing Unit or Template
Note: A template is a unit that has the Template box checked in the Shared Unit Information section.
- Open the Unit Inventory module.
- Locate and open the unit or template you wish to copy from. You can list the templates by selecting the Advanced button in the search area, setting the Template option to “Y” and searching.
- Once you have opened a unit or template you wish to copy from, click on the Multi Unit Copy button at the bottom of the screen. This will open the Multi Unit Copy screen.
- The unit information will show at the top of the screen. Click the Add button to start a new stock number.
- Enter the stock number for the new unit, or click the Auto Assign Stock Number button to have the program generate the stock number.
- Enter the VIN(s) if you have that information. You can also add the Exterior and Interior Colors.
- If you have multiple units to copy, you can click Add to create a new row and enter the information.
- Once all the units have been set up, click the Create Units button in the lower right of the window.