This article reviews the main points to adding a new rental unit. Rental units will show as available options in the rental module.
- Open the Unit Inventory module.
- Click Add New Unit from the quick links menu on the left side of the screen.
- You may receive a popup message. Click OK to let the system choose the next stock number in the sequence, or click Cancel to assign a stock number manually.
- If you click Cancel, you will need to enter the unit information on the New Unit screen. This screen will display possible duplicate stock numbers. Once finished, click the Create New button.
If you choose to Auto-Number the new unit, the duplicate search step is skipped and a new, blank unit profile will open.
- Enter the Unit information.
Lot location is the current location of the unit. The In Service Date is the date the manufacturer’s warranty coverage begins. The PC is the dealership location used for accounting purposes. The Purchase Date is the date the unit appears on your books in accounting.
Scroll down to the shared unit information section to add Unit Colors, Odometer, and Warranty Term.
- IMPORTANT: Check the Rental Unit box in the shared unit information section.
- When you have finished entering the unit information, click the Show Less button in the upper right of the window. This will minimize the header information.
- Fill out as much detailed information as possible on the unit tab (RV motorized, Travel Trailers, etc.)
- Select the rental tab. This allows for rental-specific information to be entered.
- Choose the rental class that this unit will use. Rental Classes are set up in the Rental Module and usually determine the pricing of the unit on a rental agreement.
- Enter the Fuel Gallon Capacity of the unit. This is used for documenting fuel return charges on the agreement (only for Motorized units).
- Optionally, you may enter a number of days in the Prep Days field to keep the unit from being available for the listed number of days prior to the start of a reservation.
- Optionally, you may enter a number of days in the Post Days field to keep the unit from being available for the listed number of days after the return date of a reservation.
- Optionally, you may enter the rental amount into the Days1 through Days6, Hourly, Weekly, and Monthly fields. These amounts will override the default rental rates inherited from the rental class. Daily rates are entered cumulatively. For example, if your daily rate is $200, Day1 = $200, Day2 = $400, Day3 = $600, etc. The Weekly Extra and Monthly Extra are the daily rates added to the total if the rental goes beyond the week or month.
- Save your changes.