- Click Add New Unit from the quick links menu on the left side of the screen.
- You may receive a popup message. Click OK to let the system choose the next stock number in the sequence, or click Cancel to assign a stock number manually.
If you click Cancel, you will need to enter the unit information on the New Unit screen. This screen will display possible duplicate stock numbers. Once finished, click the Create New button.
If you choose to Auto-Number the new unit, the duplicate search step is skipped and a new, blank unit profile will open. If the header section is collapsed, you will need to click the Show More button in the upper right to show the sections in the screenshot below.
- Enter the Unit information.
The unit make, model, and manufacturer are always important to set for the new unit. If they were not entered on the search screen, please ensure that they are entered on the unit profile.
|IMPORTANT: The Unit Type selection is very important since it determines which vehicle-specific tab will show in the unit profile.|
Lot location is the current location of the unit. The In Service Date is the date the manufacturer’s warranty coverage begins. The PC is the dealership location used for accounting purposes. The Purchase Date is the date the unit appears on your books in accounting.
Scroll down to the shared unit information section to add Unit Colors, Odometer, and Warranty Term.
- When you have finished entering the unit information, click the Show Less button in the upper right of the window. This will minimize the header information.
- Fill out as much detailed information as possible on the unit-specific tab (RV motorized, Travel Trailers, etc.)
- Go to the Financial tab.
- In the Pricing Info section, enter the dealership's unit cost amount into the Purchase Price field.
- In the Flooring Info section, enter or search for the flooring company and enter the flooring amount into the Floorplan Amount field. This amount should be the same as in step 7.
- Enter the corresponding Sales, Inv, Cost, Recon, Flooring, FP Interest, and Add'l Costs GL accounts. If you have set these up in the Make / Model Picklist, these may be automatically populated.
|NOTE: Please ensure that you have entered the unit's purchase price into the Purchase Price field, the same amount in the Floorplan Amount field, and entered the GL accounts before following the next steps.|
- Scroll down to the ‘Accounting Transactions’ section on the ‘Financial’ tab and press the Create Transaction button. This will will create the accounting transaction and display it in a popup window for verification.
This transaction will debit the unit's INV (inventory) account against the floorplan account.
- Save and exit the accounting transaction window.
- At this point, the balance at the bottom of the Accounting Transactions section should be in balance, and the amounts in the Purchase Price and Floorplan Balance fields should match the amounts entered in the accounting transaction.
- Save the unit profile.