The ability to write checks to vendors in batches speeds up the amount of time spent processing checks to multiple vendors. It also allows the AP clerk to print remittance reports for selected invoices to get approval from management prior to printing the batch.
MotilityAnywhere has a built-in check writer that allows dealers to create and print checks, and auto-draft transactions. The check writing system automatically tracks accounts payable, floorplan and floorplan interest balances.
Open Check Writer
- To open the check writer, open the Accounting module.
- Select the Print Checks (Write Checks/Drafts) option from the quick link menu on the left side of the screen. The Checking Account window will open.
Write Checks in Batches
- Click the Auto Check Writing or ACW button. This will open the check writer screen and show the Auto Check Writing popup window.
- You can narrow down the results by Profit Center, entities, a GL Account Number, or Ending Due Date.
- If you don’t need to narrow down your results, simply click on the Proceed to Check Writing button with the fields empty.
The “Creating Auto Checks” will run, then display all the entities that have an AP balance that needs to
be paid. You will see the layout change on the left of the Check Writer.
- Click over an entity in the list to show their information to the right.
Choose Which Entities to Pay
- From the list on the left, click on the first entity that you want to print checks for in this batch. Once you choose an entity, you will see the transactions you can pay in a list to the right.
|IMPORTANT: If you check the 1099 box for an entity, this will record that this is a 1099 check for the IRS.|
- You can select the Pay All button to pay all of the outstanding balances, or click the individual pay button to pick which invoices you are paying in this batch.
You can pay more than one invoice to the same entity without paying all the invoices by choose multiple buttons. For each you select, you will see that payment appear in the bottom middle section.
- After updating an entity, remember to click the Save button.
Print a Batch of Checks
- After you have gone through and selected the entities and payables you are going to pay in this batch, click the Print Batch button at the bottom of the check writer window.
Only the checks you have selected will print in this batch.