Budgets allow for a quick comparison of spending against the targeted goal for each month. Budgets correspond to GL accounts and can be assigned to a department, if desired. The budgets show in specific columns on the Daily Operating Report and Profit and Loss Budget Comparison reports.
- Open the Accounting module.
- Choose the Budgets option from the company tools menu on the left side of the screen. This will open the add / modify budgets window.
- There are two ways to create budgets, either manually or by letting MotilityAnywhere create budgets for you.
Add a Budget Manually
- Select the Add button in the upper right of the window. This will add a new, blank row to the table.
- Type in the GL Account.
- Enter a Description.
- If this budget is for a single company or profit center, choose the Co # and PC. If the budget is for a single department, select it from the Department dropdown.
- Enter each month's projected goal, and the year that the budget will apply. The columns for each month are labeled Budget01 for January, Budget02 for February and so on, while the budget year is to the right side of the table.
Add a Budget Based on Calculation
- Select the Create Budgets button in the lower right of the window. This will open a new screen.
- Choose how you want the budgets to be calculated, either:
- Based on last year’s sales, or
- Based on a custom budget.
- The boxes below your selection will gray out depending on your selection:
- If you selected to calculate based on last year, you can choose a percentage, an account type, or a specific GL account to create a budget for, or you can leave Account Type and GL account blank to apply this budget to ALL GL accounts.
- If you selected the custom budget option, you can enter the end of year total budget amount, choose a GL account, and enter a profit center.
|IMPORTANT: No matter which option you select, enter a percentage for each month. These entries must total one hundred.|
- When you have finished entering all information, select the Create Budget button and choose to confirm on the popup message. The window will stay open for you to add another budget, but you can choose to close if you are done.
- Once budgets have been created, you can copy it to a new year by clicking the Copy Budgets button.
- Choose if you want to copy the Budget Figures or Actual Figures.
- Selecting the Budget Figures option will copy the budget listed for 2021 over to 2022. If there is no budget for 2021 there will be an error message.
- Choosing the Actual Figures option will copy the monthly balance in accounting for each GL in 2021 into a budget for 2022. Once this is complete, you can go in and make adjustments if needed.
- Enter the Past Year and New Year, then click to copy.