The Bank Reconciliation tool in MotilityAnywhere is designed so that you can compare the program’s balances to your checking account bank statement. This ensures that all transactions that are coming from MotilityAnywhere are contained correctly within your checking account. It can help identify offending transactions that are either posted in the wrong month, posted to the wrong account, or should not exist.
Reconcile Your Checking Account
- Open the Accounting module.
- Under the General Ledger Tools menu on the left side of the screen, choose the Reconcile Bank Accounts option. This will open the Check Register window.
- Pick your checking account from the left-hand side of this window.
- Enter the amount from your Bank Statement into the Bank Statement Balance field.
- Enter the date from the Bank Statement into the reconciliation date field.
- The date shown in the Display checks marked cleared since field is today’s date by default, but you can change this date to either limit or show checks, depending upon the date you use.
- Go through your bank statement and check the Clear box for each of the corresponding items shown in the Check Register table.
A few notes:
If a check was voided or the transaction shown is the result of a voided check, it will show highlighted in red.
Optionally, you may click over a line and choose the Open Doc button if you need to identify where the specific transaction is coming from within MotilityAnywhere.
- Click the MotilityPay Type Update button to update the pay type for each transaction. Pay types include OSC for MotilityPay check payments, Vcard for MotilityPay vcard payments, or may remain blank to show that the transaction was not paid through MotilityPay.
- If you need to save your progress, click the Save button.
- When the bank reconciliation is ready to be completed, verify that the “Amount your statement is out of balance” is zero.
- Click the Finalize button at the bottom to post to accounting and open reports for you to print your “Check Reconciliation Report”.
The Flag Checks button will allow you to flag a range of checks specified by check number. This allows you to quickly clear many checks rather than go through and click the “Cleared” box manually for each.