MotilityAnywhere allows you to create new manual entries in the accounting module. This flexibility can help you enter information that may not be added by the program features like check writing, general purchase orders, etc.
- Open the accounting module.
- Choose the New Journal Entry option from the quick links section in the menu tree to the left. This will open a small window.
- Choose the journal where you wish to add the entry. The Z1 journal is often used for manual entry.
- Click the confirm button. This will open a blank entry window.
- At the top of the window, enter a reference number. If your business has automatic numbering turned on this may automatically populate a reference number.
- Verify the posting month and year, and transaction date.
- Enter any comments for the transaction.
- In the table at the bottom of the window, you can type in the GL account for the first part of the transaction. Alternatively, you can choose the ellipsis button to open a search for the GL account.
- Verify that the profit center is correct.
- Optionally, you can choose the department that this entry will be associated with.
- If the selected GL account requires an entity number, unit stock number or comment, you may enter the information into the respective column.
- Enter the debit or credit amount.
- Repeat steps 8 through 12 to add the account that will balance the transaction.
Important Note: Accounting transactions must balance. The total debit amount must equal the total credit amount. Transactions that do not match will not be posted.
- Click the Save button to update the transaction, save, and post it.