Customizations are things you need to track that are not available on any other tab. For example, if you want to see which units include a wheelchair lift, you can add that under customizations.
Add Unit Customizations
- Open the Unit Inventory module.
- Select Edit from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Choose the Add / Modify Unit Customizations option. This will open the customizations window.
- Click in the starred, blank gray line at the bottom of the list.
- Enter the customization name.
- If the customization will have a limited number of responses, you may enter each response here, separated by commas.
- To set the order that the customizations will show, enter a number into the order field. The lower the number, the higher it will show in the list. if multiple options are set with the same order number, they will show alphabetically.
- To populate the customization with a response, enter the text into the Default Response field.
- If you wish to automatically format the response to look like a date, phone number, or currency, select the applicable option from the dropdown selection box.
- If you need to add another customization, click into the new, starred, blank gray row at the bottom of the list. When you have entered all of the customizations, choose the save button in the lower right.
View Customizations on Unit Profile
The unit profile offers a customizations tab that will show each of the options entered into your customizations list. You can enter vehicle-specific information for each customization field.
Search for Customizations
When searching for a unit, you can select the Custom tab in the upper left of the search screen to view the customizations. Enter the customization that you wish to search for and click the view button to view a single unit, or the list button to view all units that meet your search criteria.