The custom screen allows you to create a tab to show only the fields you want to use. This can include standard fields on other tabs, or unit customization fields.
Add a New Custom Tab
- Open the Unit Inventory module.
- Select Edit from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Choose the Add / Modify Custom Screen option. This will open the custom tab setup window.
- Click the New button in the bottom left of the window.
- Enter the name or description that you want the tab to be named.
- Choose how many columns and rows will appear on the custom tab. You can change this based on how large your monitor is, but a good starting point is 4 columns by 10 rows.
- You can assign this tab to a specific unit type. When the type of a unit changes, the custom tab will change according to the presets you create.
- Select the fields to display on the tab. You can choose from any built-in field from any of the tabs, or you can choose from the custom fields in Customizations.
- Assign each field a location with Column and Row.
- You can set individual fields as Input Required or Limit To List. The list options are defined in Unit Details Pick List.
- As you add fields to the tab, make sure to assign columns and rows according to where the data should appear on the tab.
- Organize the data using the “Line” Field. Line also allows a caption to be displayed. Use this to create breaks and identify separate sections of data.
A custom tab set like this:
Will look like this on the unit: